Sunday, November 22, 2009

Random Thoughts....

1. It is hard for me not to think of the opening sequence of the old cartoon show, Duck Tales, when I hear that New Moon debuted this weekend to the tune of $140 million...particularly the scene where Uncle Scrooge goes swimming in his money.


2. The longer I live in oregon, the more my assumptions about it are blown away. The strongest chapter of the KKK west of the Mississippi was based in Ashland, Oregon and it was illegal for African Americans to live in Oregon until the mid-1900's


3. There is no lonelier place on a Sunday night than the University library


4. It is interesting what would have happened to my career in film if YouTube had existed when I was a film major.


5. What exactly does Twitter mean?


6. It took me 35 years but I can finally type without looking at the keyboard. Somewhere my pencil is silently weeping.


7. I miss the old-school guitar intros in rock songs. The ones where you immediately knew the song and it made you want to pick up your guitar and play.


8. Why am I increasingly disturbed by the stories I hear about what my country in doing to people in my name? I get madder every day, especially since our current President vowed to stop these abuses.


9. I wish I was big enough to play rugby.

No comments: